The Vintner, Stratford 17/08/2012

The Vintner in Stratford is supposed to be a really good restaurant and as I've never been and was in the local area I met up with Jayne and our friend Andy for a late lunch as its one of the few restaurants in Stratford that still serves past 3pm. The decor inside was gorgeous, really old fashioned but it had a modern twist, it wasn't very busy in there as it was nearly 3 and he waitress found us a table straight away. We sat down and ordered some drinks firstly whilst pondering over the menu.
For starter we decided to have just have one between us as we weren't starving and we didn't fancy a particularly heavy starter.
Garlic Ciabatta with Mozzarella Cheese
This is a very simple starter and something I would go for usually but I love mozzarella and thought this wouldn't be too filling sharing it between three of us. But this was lovely! It was so tasty and the garlic wasn't too overpowering and the mozzarella went really well and was so gooey melted on top of the bread which was perfectly crispy and not burnt or too soft! Over all it was a very god starter and a good price at £4 as it was enough for three people to share but I would recommend sharing it between two people.
For my main I knew what to have as soon as it caught my eye on the menu! Two of my favourites rolled into one, burgers & pork!
Vintner Piggy Burger-a Vintner classic burger topped with BBQ pulled pork.
WOW this was to die for!! I felt like I went to food heaven when I bit into the succulent, juicy, gorgeous burger! It was a classic normal beef burger in a bun with BBQ pulled pork on top which was so perfect and melted in my mouth with every bite! It was a massive burger and I had to cut it up in sections to eat it but it was good, the beef was cooked at medium rare, just how I like it and the pulled pork was so juicy and tender and was covered in such a nice salsa! Even when I was full I had to keep eating and for £11.95 I felt this was a very good price for the standard of the burger, it could have been more expensive than that! I would give this burger 10/10 definitely and would go back to this restaurant and try some other dishes even though I would tempted to have this burger again!


No comments:

Post a Comment