Miller & Carter 4/05/2012

Once again... Miller & Carter. Yes I went again! But this time I thought I would try something that wasn't steak as I have the same thing every single time! As always the service was brilliant and the restaurant was clean and bright.

Jayne & I went for the lunch time offer and decided on two courses at first. We both went for the chargrilled chicken wings with a BBQ sauce dip, as always!
They were as yummy as always, really hot which is how all food should be and a good enough size for a lunch time starter!
For my main course I had the Classic Handmade Burger (as burgers are my favourite!) Its a Prime West Country beef burger in a toasted bun with iceberg lettuce, mayonnaise and tomato which is served with seasoned fries and coleslaw and I chose a cheese topping. The toppings you can chose from on the burger are really good; bacon, cheese, stilton, bbq sauce, guacamole, salsa, jalapeƱos, flat mushroom, fried egg or onion loaf. My burger wasn't as good as expected to be honest and I was slightly disappointed which is a shame for Miller & Carter as its my favourite! But it was good and the chips were as good as usually, I would give the burger 6/10 and definitely think I will be sticking to steak!

However we decided to have two deserts and share them between us. 
We went for the Chocolate Brownie which is served with warm with vanilla dairy ice cream, white chocolate and Belgian chocolate sauce. This was gorgeous! The brownie was so soft and wasn't at all dry as brownies can be, it was delicious and the sauces went perfectly well with it and made it that extra bit chocolaty! This was yummy and I could have eaten 4 of them! 
We also went for the White Chocolate Box which was a shortbread topped with white chocolate mousse and raspberry coulis, with a white chocolate coating served with white chocolate sauce. This was AMAZING. I'm usually not a fan of white chocolate but this was so good, the mousse was perfectly creamy and bouncy, with the shortbread at the bottom giving it a bit of crunch and once you entered the middle of the pudding all this gorgeous sweet raspberry coulis came out ... melt in the middle! The sauce that came with it was so yummy as well and this desert was over all gorgeous! Definitely going to have that again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment