The Lord Clifden, Birmingham 21/10/15


The blogger girls and I decided to have a meet up, as we only ever seem to see each other at events! We had been invited to a PR event that same evening, hosted by Clive Reeves, which was a lovely evening - they had put food, champagne and goody bags on for us and the goody bag was amazing! I was very impressed. We left the event about 7.00 to get to our table reservation, I was looking forward to trying the food at The Lord Clifden as I had heard so much about the place, but never actually been ... what did I think? Read more to find out!























^ My fantastic goody bag - the Virgin Mojito Butter Body & Shower Gel smell amazing! And, finally I have a Nutella jar with my name on it - yay!

The Lord Clifden is a pub, but it doesn't look like your normal local, its got a very cool vibe and they have something for everyone - from real ales to cocktails and their outside area is a must-see. Perfect for summer night drinking and entertaining. They actually won Best Entertainment Pub in the UK in 2015 and I can totally see why, I definitely want to go back and have an evening drinking there - unfortunately - this was a school night, so only soft drinks for me! They regularly have live music and DJ events on, check out their website for more details: http://thelordclifden.com/events/

When we arrived, they informed us that the chef had taken the booking and hadn't written it down in the booking-form book and therefore, they didn't have a table ready for us, slightly disappointing but, the bar staff dealt with it brilliantly - they were very friendly and apologetic and got us a table within 10 minutes, so I'm certainly not complaining about this, I was impressed by their service and how quick they managed to get us seated.

The menu is very varied with lots of choice, they offer daily specials too and sharers/small plates. They have something to suit everyone and managed to recommend dishes for the gluten free and diary free bloggers amongst us! If I wasn't eating healthy, I definitely would've tried one of the burgers as they sounded amazing - I will return on cheat day and try one, I promise!

I ended up going for a sharer meal, to myself as a main course.

Sharers
Jerk Chicken Drummers & Wings - with coleslaw and fries 
£11.95

Side
Salad 
£3.95
As you can see from the image, the portion was massive! I couldn't believe how big it was when it came over, definitely value for money as I felt £11.95 was very reasonable, especially for what you get with it. The chicken drummers and wings were cooked perfectly, tender chicken that fell off the bone with a crispy skin that was covered in spice and flavour, they certainly made the chicken interesting and flavoursome. The chips were hot, fluffy inside and crispy on the outside and the coleslaw was fresh, creamy and helped to cool down the spicy chicken. The side salad was also huge, it was full of different bits including onions, cucumber, lettuce and tomatoes - a very big salad for £3.95. I couldn't finish my meal it was so big, and I ended up taking half of it home to have for my lunch the next day and I made everyone at work very jealous! 

Over all, I really enjoyed the food at The Lord Clifden, the menu is varied, the food is delicious, the portion sizes were huge, the service was fantastic and I loved the atmosphere. I will definitely be back. 












No comments:

Post a Comment