Afternoon Tea, Sketch - London, 13/06/15


I love afternoon tea - and this time it was at Sketch, London. I couldn't wait as all the Instagram pictures looked amazing and the room is all pink .. what more could a girl want! Tea, cakes and a pink room = ideal! The venue is so nice, a beautiful building on the outside with a leopard crawling down the wall. It is perfect for food, drinks and entertainment - they offer normal menus as well as Afternoon Tea from £39, which is pretty reasonable. I was very excited to try the food!




The room is amazing, its pink everywhere! All the seats, booths and walls are pink with each wall covered in different and unusual sketches - some of which were funny and some a little rude!

I thought they were a lovely touch to the room and gave the place a fantastic atmosphere. I loved how the table was laid out and all the cutlery and crockery were so cute with different words on them and captions.



We decided to go for the tea instead of the champagne, I went for the fruit tea - which was very delicious. Then, the exciting bit happened … the food!



The afternoon tea was decorated perfectly, the stand was lovely and the food looked so tasty on the tiers! We had 3 different types of sandwiches:

Smoked Salmon & Cream Cheese
Egg & Caviar 
Pesto & Mozzarella Panni
Cucumber & Ricotta 







The presentation was fantastic! The Smoked Salmon Sandwich looked so cute, I almost didn't want to eat it ... I did say almost!

The bread was cut so thin and was layered with smoked salmon and cream cheese with a dab of cream cheese and some fish roe placed on top. This was delicious and my favourite sandwich out of three!

The second sandwich was the Egg & Caviar - this was so cool! The bread was cut perfectly thing and had egg mayonnaise in it. But my favourite part was the mini quail egg on top - this was so intricate and gave the sandwich a nice touch - as did the small piece of caviar! Yum.

I haven't got a photo of the Cucumber & Ricotta one but you can see it in the main photo on the bottom tier. This was so cleverly done, it was very thin bread with layers of cucumber inside and they even put a very thin layer of cucumber on top with blobs of different sauces on top of that. Very clever and I have never seen a sandwich with the filling on the outside and inside before!

The last sandwich was delivered like a little present - it was in tissue paper with a bow round it, this was to keep it warm and I loved how this sandwich was a little hot as it set the sandwiches off nicely. This was a panni style bread with a thin layer of mozzarella inside and pesto - which wasn't overpowering but gave the mozzarella some flavour. I loved this!

Next .. onto dessert! 

We had 4 different types of dessert to try:

Pineapple & Coconut Sponge
Apple Tart
Chocolate Ganache Cake
Salted Caramel Profiterole 







Even the descriptions were making my mouth water - I couldn't wait to try them! 

The Pineapple & Coconut Mousse was very refreshing, it was layers of pineapple sponge with a coconut cream in the middle and topped with shredded coconut, it reminded me of my holiday in Jamaica and was the perfect blend of pineapple and coconut - not too overpowering. 

The Apple Tart was very sour - it was a hard pastry with an apple filling and a mini sweet style apple on top, this was very good too - I thoroughly enjoyed it and was a nice twist on the usual apple tart you get.

The Chocolate one - well chocolate is my favourite and this certainly didn't disappoint, it was delicious! It was incredibly rich with chocolate sponge made into three tiers with a layer of chocolate ganache in-between each sponge layer and then topped with a sweet and rich ganache icing - deliccccious! I could've eaten 10 of them!

Lastly, the Salted Caramel Profiterole didn't disappoint, the pastry was cooked perfectly, bouncy and sweet and had a yummy salted caramel mousse inside it all topped with a thin slice of chocolate. Incredible and so beautifully done.

The dessert on top was a rhubarb cheesecake, I wasn't looking forward to this one that much as I don't like rhubarb but my god it was good! 

It was layers of rhubarb, cream cheese and topped with biscuits - like an upside down cheesecake. It was the perfect blend of sweet and rich. Delicious!

If you didn't think that was enough food, out came more.

Homemade Sultana Scone

I love scones and this was HUGE! It was still warm and I could tell it was home-made, it was crunchy on the outside but had a soft middle and was covered in sultanas, just how it should be! This was served with cream, fig and strawberry jam (I do cream then jam!)

I throughly enjoyed the fig jam and this was the perfect way to end a delicious afternoon tea - probably in the top 3 best ones I have ever been to! The location is stunning, service is faultless and the food is beautiful and delicious. 

I want to go back - now. 

P.S: I know this is nothing to do with food but I need to show you the toilets because they were amazing! They are set out like a spaceship.







No comments:

Post a Comment