The Kings Head, Aston Cantlow 11/01/15

















The Kings Head is Aston Cantlow is a traditional 15th Century Village Inn located in the heart of Warwickshire.

It is a beautiful looking pub both inside and outside and always has a very friendly atmosphere.

I decided to go on a Sunday lunchtime around 1pm for a lovely lunch with the girls! We were shown to our seats quickly and the service was very good, they took our drinks order and bought them to us efficiently. We looked over the Sunday Lunch menu; they don’t do a Main Menu on a Sunday. The Sunday Menu offers two courses for £17.50 or three courses for £21.50 – very reasonable and the menu changes every Sunday, keeping it original and fresh.

We decided to go for two courses each as I did have dinner waiting for me later that evening! The menu has 5 choices for starters, 5 choices for mains and 5 for desert; making it easier to decide what to have.

For Starter I went for Duck Fondant with Egg, Leeks & A Creamy Sauce


























This dish was beautifully presented and looked so pretty on the plate with the different colours.

AND it also tasted so good, the duck fondant was shredded duck patted together to make a terrine, served with a breaded poached egg on top, leeks and a creamy white sauce – it had so much flavour, they complimented each other perfectly. The duck was cooked very well and having a breaded poached egg was a nice unusual touch. The sauce was very rich so it was good there wasn’t too much of it but it gave the whole dish an extra taste, very good!

It took me ages to decide what to have for my main as the Roast Beef looked SO good but I was having that later on at home (twice in one day is just greedy!) 

Eventually I decided and went for Roast Pheasant served with Mash, Red Cabbage and Potato Croquette.




















Again, presentation was so good, the colours all looked very good on the plate. Pheasant is something I wouldn’t usually go for and had only tried once before but I fancied a change and I’m glad I tried it! The pheasant was cooked perfectly, not too chewy and had a crispy outer skin. The mash was so creamy and soaked up the juices so well, the red cabbage – a favourite of mine was the perfect blend of sour and sweet and went so well with the rich pheasant flavour. The croquette was a yummy finishing touch. I couldn’t fault this dish at all and I feel for the price, you are left feeling satisfied and full!

Very good experience, brilliant service and the food was delicious. I would go back again and again! I would like to try the normal Main Menu and I definitely will be going back for the Roast Beef!




No comments:

Post a Comment