Shake Shack, London - Covent Garden 28/02/15




















This is one post I'm very excited about - I have been wanting to try this place for months! I've seen so much about it on Instagram and Twitter and as we know, burgers are my favourite! The Shake Shack first came to England from across the pond July 2013, its located in Covent Garden. It's become so popular and I've been dying to try it! They use 100% Angus Beef - the menu isn't massive but you can have many variations of a Burger or Hot Dog - you make it specific to your wants. They also have a funky milkshake menu and offer Frozen Custard - yes you heard that correctly, Frozen Custard. Which they offer in many different flavours. I'm gonna get on the important bit now … the food!

The venue isn't the nicest looking from the outside, its very cafeteria-like - its an order station inside with the menus on the wall and three tills. The seats are then located outside in booths and big tables where everyone sits together. It's a very strange venue and I think it needs updating but don't let it put you off because the food is worth it.


















The menu is modern and fresh, with lots of different variations of burgers and hot dogs. Check the menu out here.

























You order your food at the tills and they give you a vibrating, flashing buzzer to take with you - which vibrates and flashes when your food is ready. You then have to take the buzzer to the window and collect your food and drinks. The straws, napkins and sauces are located in the centre of the restaurant.

This wasn't even a hard decision for me, I had to have a burger! They look delicious in the Instagram pictures and my mouth was watering at the prospect of trying one of these beauties.

And I'm SO glad I did!
























All the burgers come as single or doubles - I went for the:
Shake Shack Double Burger 
£8.50 

They also offer normal fries or cheese fries. I went for the Cheese Fries at £3.95 the normal fries are £2.95.

The food comes served on a plastic tray with the food in paper and cardboard - simple but it works. I loved how the fries come as crinkle, very unusual and you don't usually see that at restaurants or fast food places, therefore I loved this and the cheese on them was delicious, it was gooey and runny and poured all over the crispy chips = perfection!! I loved the fries, I could've eaten 10 tubs of them! I didn't think the burger could top all the other burgers I've had but this one tops it - the beef was so juicy and tender and covered in more gooey cheese topped with a tomato and lettuce. This was gorgeous, so tasty and delicious. I couldn't fault it. It's not cheap at over £10 for the meal with the drink but I think its worth every single penny.

Please bring Shake Shack to Birmingham!!




No comments:

Post a Comment