Mortons, Dickens Heath 6/08/14



This food blog is a restaurant I have been to many times before but I haven't been in a while so I was hoping the food was still as good as it always was! I went with my best friend; Matt. He had never eaten here before. Therefore, I was looking forward to seeing what he thought. Mortons is one of the lovely pubs chains and is set on the main high street in Dickens Heath.

The restaurant itself is light and big. The bar is right in front of you when you walk in- with a main restaurant on the right and a bar area on the left with sofas and comfy seats. The kitchen is an open kitchen at the back of the restaurant. There are also tables outside, perfect for the warm days! We decided to get a drink at the bar and open a tab whilst we looked at the menu- we started off sitting outside but we got pretty cold so moved inside.

The food at Mortons is more than reasonably priced. They offer many sharing plates, starters, salads and many other main courses! The menu is very big with a lot of variety. The place has a very good atmosphere and service. We decided not to have starters but go straight for main courses.

I went for something from the 'Spit Roast and Stove' section of the menu:

Slow Roasted Belly Pork with Bramley Apple & Pulled Pork Croquettes 
and Sweet Potato Puree 
£13.95 


























I know, I know belly pork as always but it is my favourite and this one was delicious! The presentation was lovely- it was set out very nicely on the plate with the spot of vibrant colour from the sweet potato. The taste was just as good as it looked! The belly pork was cooked perfectly, the meat was tender and the outside was crispy but not overly fatty- I also got loads of belly pork which is unusual, you sometimes only get a small amount but this was more than enough! Especially for the price. The pulled pork croquettes were to die for! I love pulled pork anyway but I have never tried them in croquettes before and they were lovely! The potato mixed with the pork so well and the crispy outside was a good touch. The sweet potato was creamy and buttery and complimented the whole dish so well, I couldn't fault this dish at all! 10/10 perfection on a plate!

Matt loves his desserts and even though I was so full, he persuaded me to have one!

Raspberry Brûlée & Shortbread 
£5.45

























I never go for brûlée as a dessert usually but I really fancied it. This was presented lovely again and it was a huge portion for the price! I couldn't even finish it. The brûlée was cooked so well, creamy on the outside but hard and crispy on the outside topped with tangy raspberries. The shortbread was still warm and lemony- it wasn't dry at all but they made a yummy touch on the side of the creamy brûlée.

Brilliant meal and great service and atmosphere!

10/10.


No comments:

Post a Comment