Chiquito's, Rubery- 1/08/2014


It's August- this means a whole new month of restaurant reviews! I'm kicking the month off with an old favourite: Chiquitos. Tom loves Mexican food so we decided to go here one Friday night. the restaurant itself is very busy and loud- we booked a table for 8.15pm. Lucky we did, as the restaurant was so busy! We arrived but our table wasn't quite ready so we went to the bar for a drink- cocktail off course!



Our table was ready about 10 minutes later, I was so hungry! I have already been here so many times- therefore, I know the menu pretty well but I still struggle on what to order as it all sounds so yummy. The restaurant has a very warm, lively atmosphere and the service is always very good and this time was just the same- waiters and waitresses are very attentive and checked on us throughout the meal asking if we needed any more drinks or anything.

We decided to share a starter, a starter I have mentioned before as it's so delicious..

Tostada Platter
£10.95





















You are probably wondering what they are. Well they are, baked mini flatbreads topped with sweet potato & feta cheese, BBQ pulled pork and chorizo & sweetcorn. Served with cranberry & mint salsa. Mmmm sounds so good doesn't it? And MY GOD they are! They are delicious, each one of them. You get 3 each- the sweet potato and feta is probably my least favourite but not because it's horrible or anything like that, it's just slightly plainer compared to the other 2. The BBQ pulled pork is my favourite- as you would expect! The chorizo and sweetcorn is very good too- all very tasty and the cranberry and mint salsa is to die for!! A very, very good starter and a reasonable price.

We actually both went for the exact same main course as it sounded so delicious...

Southern Fried Chicken & BBQ Pulled Pork
Southern fried chicken breast topped with BBQ pulled pork and melted cheese. Served with skin-on-fries, corn on the cob, onion rings, homemade coleslaw and BBQ sauce.
£14.95























What a huge portion! The only thing, I feel it's quite expensive for what it is but I do get 25% off with my student NUS card so that makes it better! But, it was so yummy! The chicken wasn't dry at all and was lovingly seasoned with Southern Fried which made it all crispy- the BBQ pulled pork on top gave it a lovely touch. I upgraded my fries to sweet potato fries as I prefer them and I feel I'm being slightly healthier (yeah right!) The onion rings were cooked perfectly and the corn was buttery and sweet. thier homemade coleslaw was so yummy too, it had red cabbage in in which made it slightly sweeter than usual coleslaw. Such a good dish- couldn't fault it except the price and there was too much of it! I was so full!

Again, a very good meal at Chiquitos and with the 25% off it was a very good price- £30 for two with drinks and starter!

8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment