The Lazy Cow: Stratford 22/05/2013



The Lazy Cow is a restaurant I've been wanting to try for a while now, they opened a new one in Stratford where Cox's Yard used to be and I've heard so many good things about it that I had to try it. It is a steak restaurant but I checked the menu out online before and the steaks aren't cheap and as I see steak as a more night time dinner but we were going at lunch, so I will have to go back again to try the steak. 

The restaurant itself is lovely instead, very big, bright and modern. We were greeted instantly by a waitress who was very friendly and helpful and showed us to our table, we sat at a booth which was very comfortable. The restaurant wasn't incredibly busy but on the other side of the bar there was a private birthday party. Because they were on the other side of the restaurant they weren't distracting or noisy either which was nice. We were given menus, a la carte and a set lunch time menu, she asked what drinks we wanted and quickly got them for us. The menu's were all really good! A lot of choice and different things to try, the cheapest steak starts at £19 which definitely isn't cheap. The lunch time menu had a lot of good choice too but it wasn't one of these set prices ones it had prices next to each course instead that were cheaper than the normal menu. It took me a while to decide what to have because all of it looked so good. Me & Jayne decided to share a starter, have a main each then maybe share a dessert.

We got some bread to start with butter and wasabi mayonnaise, I love restaurants where you get bread to start-a nice touch and the bread tasted very fresh and the flavoured butter was very nice, I'm not quite sure what the flavour was but I didn't like the wasabi mayonnaise as I don't like wasabi. I liked the personalised plates too.

To start we decided to go for a starter from the set lunch menu. 

Crispy Chilli Beef with Stir Fry Vegetables in a Sweet Chilli Sauce
This was SO yummy! It wasn't massive but as it was from the set lunch menu they probably make the portions slightly smaller but it was just enough for us two to share. The beef was so tender and juicy and not tough at all as beef can be sometimes, the vegetables were cooked perfectly and cut really thin-which I love! The sauce wasn't too spicy either which was good as I hate spicy food but had a good strong flavour to it which had a sweet taste too that complimented perfectly. Overall a really good starter and not a bad price at £6.25- would definitely have again! 


Main course-again didn't fail to disappoint.


Pulled Pork Burger with Slaw & Chips
This was SOOO yummy! The presentation was actually really good, for a burger-I liked the box it came in with 'The Lazy Cow' wrote across it. The burger bun itself looked greasy and wrinkly- not quite sure why haha! But it tasted SO good, the chips were out of this world! I don't know what they do to them but they are perfect, every restaurant should copy those chips! They were so crispy on the outside yet fluffy and soft on the inside-perfection! They tasted they had been cooked at least 4 times over and over. I got just the right amount of chips too, not too many as they are so filling and I like the enjoy the rest of the food. Now, onto the burger. I have wanted to try pulled pork for ages as it has become a real trend recently with loads of restaurants putting it on their menus. I hadn't tried it yet so this was a perfect opportunity as it was only £10 too which is incredibly good value. The pork was so succulent, juicy and tender. It's cut really thin and as the name suggests, pulled apart. It is then packed together and covered in BBQ sauce, yummy! I love my burgers and this made a nice change from a normal beef burger, as pork is my favourite meat too this was a double whammy for me! There was just enough BBQ sauce on the pork too, not too much as I found BBQ sauce quite overpowering sometimes but this was perfect. The coleslaw with it was so good too, I love this new purple slaw that is around everywhere at the moment, slaw made from purple cabbage, it isn't as strong as normal coleslaw and I much prefer it and the crunch went really well with the smoothness of the pork. Perfect dish. 10/10 and I would go back to have this again and again.

We decided to have a dessert, the dessert menu didn't have loads of choice but they offer ice cream or shot glass desserts, they had 8 different flavours:
Snickerbocker Glory
Maple Stacked Pancakes & Ice Cream
Key Lime Pie
Ice Berries & Hot White Chocolate Sauce
Baileys & Oreo Parfait
Peanut Butter, Praline & Chocolate Soup
Peach Cobbler
Baked New York Vanilla Cheesecake

 You can have 1 for £2.95, 2 for £5.50, 4 for £10.50, 6 for £15.50 and 12 for £30.00.

These are such a good idea and I love desserts like this especially if you are quite full but fancy a dessert as they aren't too filling. But I feel these flavours could be slightly better. We decided to go for two but we both wanted the same flavour.

Baileys & Oreo Parfait
 
Mmmmm, this was so yummy! Really light-which is good as I was quite full, it was a layer of baileys parfait then a layer of crushed oreo biscuits, they went so well together and really complimented each other! For £2.95-you didn't get a lot but it was really yummy and perfect size for me! The baileys wasn't over-powering but tasted enough to be able to go well with the oreo's which have quite a strong chocolate flavour.

Such a good meal and I would definitely go back and try the steak! £34 for the whole lunch isn't bad and it was worth every penny! 

No comments:

Post a Comment