El Greco, Stratford. 25/01/2013



I haven't done a blog in a while as I was travelling around America and Christmas & New Year have been so busy. But I'm back! Last month my friend told me about a restaurant in Stratford as she heard it was very good and there are very few Greek restaurants in the local area!
El Greco was right in the middle of Stratford so is the perfect setting for locals and tourists. It's very bright inside with lovely decor. It isn't massive but is a good size. The waiter who served me and my two friends was extremely friendly and helpful. We ordered some drinks as we looked through the menu which had a really good choice with many different options. For starters they do these mezze plates where you can choose up to 13 different mini starters. For three it's only £9.95 which is extremely good value. We decided to do this as we were all very hungry.



 My one friend chose Halloumi, my other chose Meat Balls and I went for the Spicy Sausage.
As you can see for a little mezze portion you actually get a lot on your plate and it's very filling! The sausage was very tender and cooked brilliantly. It was probably my favourite out of the three plates but the Halloumi was also really good! I think the starters were very good value for money and I would like to try them all! They also bring you out free pitta bread which was very good!
My main course was even better! I was really stuck on what to chose for my main course as all of the dishes sounded lovely but I eventually made a decision after a long time!
Moussaka-Layers of minced beef, aubergine, courgette & potato topped with a creamy bechamel sauce. Served with oregano chips & salad.
At only £12.50 I think this was excellent value and as you can see by the picture, the portion size was massive and I couldn't even finish it all! It was yummy, the beef was cooked perfectly and the Aubergine, a courgette and potato went so well with it and the creamy sauce was so yummy!! I couldn't believe how big the portion was and I couldn't even eat the chips, very unusual for me! But it was delicious and the service from beginning and end was top class. The chef even came out to ask us how our meal was which I thought was a nice touch. I really enjoyed this whole meal and I asked for some baklava to take home for my dad and he gave me two bits with another Greek pastry for only £3 which was excellent value and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone! Brilliant value, excellent service and very yummy food!! A nice change in Stratford as a lot of the restaurants are very expensive but this one was very reasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment