The Harvester, Shirley 2/04/2012

Me & Rachel went for a quick lunch in her split from work, we decided to go to The Harvester in Shirley as we were near the area and its cheap and cheerful!

We sat down and looked at the menus.. I went for the bacon & cheese burger with chips. But at The Harvester once you've ordered your food you can then go up to the salad bar and have a bowl of salad as your starter. They have a lot of choice from lettuce to raisins! 

I had lettuce, cucumber, potato salad, peppers, bacon bits, croutons. This is a perfect starter before your main because it doesn't fill you up too much but is really enjoyable to eat! The salad bar is definitely my favourite bit of The Harvester! 

My main arrived probably about 15 minutes after the salad...
As you can see by the picture, the presentation isn't exactly brilliant and makes the plate look rather empty. The chips were really soggy as well and you don't get very many, however you are only paying £6.50 for it so you can't complain too much! The burger was nice, however I felt the beef was over done and was a bit burnt as I like my beef cooked medium-rare it was too done for me. The bacon and cheese in the burger was a nice touch though and gave the burger more flavour! Overall this main course was average and was ok for the price but I wouldn't expect to pay anymore for it than £6.50. I would give this 4/10!

We decided to share a desert though and The Harvester do a really good range of Sundaes so we decided to try one of them.
We went for one of the new ones of the menu: The Mini Egg Sundae. 

This was massive and perfect for two people to share! The ice cream was lovely and the mini eggs gave it such a good touch. Over all this is a really good desert for £5!


No comments:

Post a Comment