What's Better Than 1 Burger? ... Coast 2 Coast, Solihull, 12/09/15



We all know how it goes, Saturday night, can't be bothered to cook and as we live 2 miles away from Touchwood, we decided to go for a quick meal. As I have been eating so healthy, I wanted to go somewhere where I could eat carbs! We decided to go to Coast 2 Coast in Touchwood, its an American Restaurant and Bar with a varied menu. It was very busy when we got there but they managed to get us a table. We were both staving and I couldn't wait to eat 'dirty' food again!
As you can see, Tom was very happy about this meal!


We decided to get a sharing starter:

Loaded Nachos with Chilli Beef - nachos with melted cheese, jalapeƱos, salsa, 
guacamole and sour cream
£11.95

These were HUGE! £9.75 isn't cheap for a starter but the portion size was so generous and definitely enough to share. The nachos were fresh and crispy and covered in gooey melted cheese. The next layer was chilli beef, which is an optional extra, you can have the nachos plain, with chicken or with the chilli beef, which was delicious, the beef was tender and covered in tangy BBQ style sauce. Next came the salsa, guacamole and sour cream, which helped give the nachos some extra flavour. Tom ate the jalapeƱos and said they had a good kick. A very good starter and a generous portion size, you could definitely share it between 3/4 people.

We were already feeling full after the nachos but I was excited for my main course and whats better than 1 burger? ... 

Roadside Sliders - 3 mini beef burgers: 1 with bacon and cheese, 1 with stilton and the last one was pulled pork, served with fries and slaw.
£13.95
I liked the way this was served, the black grill was hot which kept the food warm and I liked this touch. I feel £13.95 is quite expensive for this meal but it was a very good portion size and I had to take some of it home in a doggy bag as I was so full. I love meals like this as I can taste 3 different flavours. My favourite was the pulled pork one, off course! It was filled with juicy BBQ pulled pork put in between two mini brioche buns with salad, very good. The bacon and cheese burger was succulent, the bacon was crispy and the cheese was gooey. The stilton one was a little bit too strong for me but it was still full of flavour. The beef in all the burgers was cooked well and the fillings were generous and tasty. The fries had a crispy shell and a fluffy potato in the middle. The slaw was a nice refreshing touch and I did really enjoy this meal.

Even though we were both so full from the food, but there is always room for dessert! They have a varied dessert selection but we didn't want anything too heavy. 

Mint Oreo Sundae 
£5.95

This again, was a huge portion,  I was definitely glad we were sharing. It was layers of ice cream with chocolate brownie pieces and crushed Oreo biscuits, chocolate sauce and topped with cream. This was a very good dessert, the ice cream was refreshing and very sweet. Tom definitely ate the lion share of this but I was very grateful of this as I felt like I needed to be rolled out the restaurant. I do feel £5.95 was a little expensive for a sundae but it was very tasty.

Over all, a very good meal at Coast 2 Coast, even though they were very busy, they managed to keep the service at a high standard, the menu is varied with lots of choice, the food is good and it has a fun atmosphere.

*I paid for this meal in full myself, but as always, all opinions are my own. 



No comments:

Post a Comment