The Beeches, Hampton-in-Arden, 29/09/15














The Beeches in Hampton-in-Arden is only down the road from me and as I have a Gourmet Society Card, I get 2for1 off on all main courses during the week, which is a good deal as it isn't the cheapest of restaurants. It has a lovely atmosphere, very bright and airy and its gorgeous outside in the summer. I met my best friend, Matt here for dinner and as I had done 2 back-to-back gym classes, I was starving and could't wait for some food.

Their menu is very good, varied, with lots of choice and they have daily specials too. They also offer a Prix Fix Menu from Sunday-Thursday.

Starter
Hoisin Duck Spring Roll - Ginger & Plum Dipping Sauce
£7.95






















This is quite expensive for a starter, I feel £7.95 is too much to be honest, but the cheapest starter they do is £6.95. However, when I bit into the spring roll - it was worth every penny. The spring roll itself was crispy, it was full of flavour too, the duck was perfectly tender and moist and OH MY, the ginger and plum sauce that was both in the spring roll and on the bottom of the bowl, as a dipping sauce was delicious. It was probably one of the nicest sauces I have ever had, it was sweet, tangy and full of flavour. They were also very generous with the sauce, which is always a winner for a sauce lover like me! This was a very, very good starter and even though it was expensive, it was worth every penny and I would certainly like to eat this every day.

Main
Seabass, Asparagus, Peas - Jersey Royals, Crayfish & Samphire
£17.95















Again, this was not a cheap main course but it was a generous sized portion. I loved how this was presented though, it looked very pretty  on the plate and I love any dish that has balsamic reduction on it. The seabass was perfectly cooked, flaky, white fish with a crispy skin. The asparagus was perfectly cooked and the jersey royals were soft and fluffy and had a buttery taste. The little bits of crayfish were a delicious added touch and complimented the dish perfectly and the samphire was salty and yummy. This was a gorgeous main course, filling, delicious and full of flavour - even though the peas were missing of the dish, I didn't mind as I don't think the dish actually needed them. An expensive, but very good main course.

I was very full but when I eat dinner with Matt, I have to have a dessert - no seriously, he actually makes me!

Dessert
Strawberry & Popping Candy Cheesecake - with Raspberries & Orange Sauce
£5.95






















The desserts are pretty standard prices and they all sounded delicious, but as soon as I saw this dessert, I knew I had to have it. The popping candy drew me in and I certainly wasn't disappointed. The cheesecake was lovely and sweet, the biscuit base was crispy and the orange sauce helped to bring the dessert together and give it some tang. I really enjoyed this dessert and after the gym, it went down very well!

Over all, a brilliant meal at The Beeches, the service was very good from start to finis even though the restaurant and bar were very busy, they kept on top of things. The menu is varied and the food is full of flavour and I would certainly go back.

*This meal was paid in full by me, but as always, all opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment