Santhi, Leicester 02/08/15















I love going to new restaurants, its so exciting and this time was an Indian Restaurant in Leicester, Santhi. My mum was playing Margaret in Richard III at The Curve Theatre in Leicester and this particular evening me and my dad met mums family at the theatre for some dinner afterwards, as we were with some vegetarians and gluten free people we had to be careful about where we chose, after doing some research, this restaurant seemed to accommodate for dietary requirements well.

The menu was massive, so much choice and definitely something for everyone, it was very reasonably priced too. As Indian food isn't my favourite I was unsure about what to have but they had many unusual choices that were intriguing.

Paneer Spring Rolls
£2.50

Wow £2.50 for three pieces is a bargain, I couldn't believe how cheap it was. Also, I had never seen paneer spring rolls on a menu before and I love paneer so I was looking forward to this. The pastry was light and crispy and the filling was tasty, thinly cut vegetables mixed with gooey paneer. However, it was  VERY spicy! I had to have lots of mint yoghurt with it to calm it down and it was unfortunately too spicy for me, and did overpower the taste for me, which was a shame as I love paneer. 

Chicken Dosa - rice based pancake with spicy chicken masala
£5.75












I knew what main course I had to have - I love dosa's and the suit me perfectly as I'm not into curry sauces and they are light and not overly filling. As always, it was huge and served with Sambar and a mix of chutneys. It was very yummy - the pancake was light and crispy and was full of delicious chicken masala filling which was full of flavour and spice (but, not too spicy this time) the chutneys were tasty and helped give the dosa that extra flavour. The sambar was yummy and the whole meal worked very well together, amazing value and very tasty. I even took the other half home with me to have for lunch the next day!

Over all, a very good restaurant - great service throughout, they accommodated perfectly for the people with dietary requirements, their menu is varied, great value and delicious food - what more could you wish for? Just need to make the paneer spring rolls a little less spicy.

*This meal was paid for by me, but, as always all opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment