Cajun Fish with Tropical Salsa

I hadn't cooked anything picture worthy in a while, but this dinner I was very much looking forward to cooking.

Cajun Fish, Sweet Potato Mash & Tropical Salsa

























I was pretty proud of this meal as I didn't follow any recipes,  I just went by taste.

Ingredients:

  • Any white fish - I used Hake
  • Cajun seasoning
  • Sweet Potatoes
  • Butter
  • Lime
  • Mango
  • Pineapple
  • Coriander
  • Red Onion
  • Spring Onion
  • Salt & Pepper

Firstly, I made sure the fish was completely dry (which is important otherwise the seasoning won't stick to it.) I then covered the fish in flour, then sprinkled cajun seasoning over it with salt and pepper and left to marinate for a while.

Secondly, I prepared the sweet potato mash by microwaving 4 sweet potatoes for about 10 minutes. I then scooped the potato from the skin and put into a glass bowl with some butter and milk and mashed until smooth. I left this to one side, ready to microwave when ready to serve.

Thirdly, I prepared the salsa - I cut the pineapple and mango into small cubes and mixed together in a bowl with some thinly sliced red onion and spring onions. I then chopped up coriander into it and mixed together with the zest of half a lime. I left this in the fridge until I was ready to serve.

Then I cooked the fish - I put some coconut oil in a pan and heated it up, I then put the skin into the sizzling pan for about 2-3 minutes each side, until browned.

Whilst the fish was cooking, I put the sweet potato mash in the microwave and put the salsa onto the plates. I then cut the lime into bits and put them on the plates ready for serving.

Once the sweet mash had finished, I put a spoonful on each plate, put the fish on top and viola! 

Was a delicious meal, it had the taste of the Caribbean about it and it was very healthy - bonus! 

No comments:

Post a Comment