Muriels Kitchen, London 29/08/15


I love a road trip and especially when its in London. Our friends from America were visiting so mum, dad, Tom and I decided to go to London for the day and explore the Natural History Museum and Harrods, basically be typical tourists! And with this ... off course comes eating out at different restaurants! The four of us arrive in Leicester Square and found a cute restaurant right in the centre where we set up camp whilst we waited for our friends to arrive. Muriel's Kitchen is right in the centre of Leicester Square, full of hustle and bustle. As it was such a beautiful day we sat outside with our coffees and had lovely conversation.


They were serving breakfast when we got there so we decide to wait an extra 15 minutes and wait for the lunch menu to be given to us. But the breakfast did look delicious! I just fancied lunch time food. Its such a cute venue with pretty floral plates on the walls and the most amazing swing chairs, it was beautiful interior.
















Photo Credit: Muriel's Kitchen Website

I loved it as soon as I walked in and I hoped the food was just as good. The menu is very varied with breakfast choices served until 12pm, lunch which included omelettes, burgers, quiches, steaks etc and they even offer afternoon tea for £19.50 a head - I would definitely like to go back and try that as I can imagine its delicious as they make their own homemade cakes, which sounded very good.

It isn't particularly cheap but, this is London after all.

I was starving but didn't want to eat too much as we were going out for dinner again that evening, so therefore I decided to get one of their sharing starters.

Sharing Starter

An English Platter - Homemade Scotch Egg, Chicken Liver Paté, 
Seasonal Tartlet, Chunks of Cheddar, Muriel's Coleslaw and 
Caramelised Onion Relish with Rustic Toast
£12.95
























This was massive for a starter, and that justified the quite expensive £12.95 - which is a lot for a starter but it was huge. I loved the presentation, on a wooden board and the food looked lovely and colourful on it. I wasn't too sure what the seasonal tartlet was - it tasted like spinach and butternut squash, but it was delicious. Crunchy pastry with a generous amount of filling, the perfect tartlet. The chicken liver paté was rich, smooth and full of flavour, the paté went perfectly well with the caramelised onion relish and the crusty, fresh bread - delicious. The coleslaw was creamy, homemade and full of flavour. But, the star of the show was definitely the homemade scotch egg - this was so, so delicious. I love scotch eggs anyway, but homemade ones are the best and this was the best scotch egg I have ever had! It was served lukewarm, so the egg was runny and the outer sausage meat was well seasoned, full of flavour and crispy. This was the perfect scotch egg! This was a delicious sharing starter, it was loads of food and would work as a sharing starter between 2 of you or as a main meal.

Tom had a similar idea and went for the Sharing Nachos, which was huge but I felt for £14.50 it was very expensive and Tom asked for extra Jalapeños for 99p - which they forgot and we had to remind them, they did bring them over eventually and took them off our bill and the service was very good throughout the meal, so I'm not complaining.


























Overall, a very good experience at Muriel's Kitchen, lovely venue, beautiful decor, great service and yummy food. I would definitely return for their breakfast and afternoon tea!

*This visit was paid in full by me, but as always, all opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment