Mockingbird, Custard Factory, 18/08/15

Is this the best burger in Birmingham? Read below and find out …


After going to the blogger launch night at The Mockingbird in The Custard Factory, Digbeth I was looking forward to going again and trying more of the food. It has recently been refurbishment and it is located in the middle of The Custard Factory, it is a lovely setting and has gorgeous interior. Loved the Mockingbird sign in lights! The launch event was on the 6th August where we got to sample a few of the dishes on their menu, then Anthony Duffy invited to come back as a table of two and try the menu they had for that day, exciting stuff!

Below are a few images from the food I got to sample at the blogger event:

Buttermilk Chicken

Belly Pork with Beetroot
Pulled Chicken with BBQ Sauce
All the little bites were very good, the Buttermilk Chicken was tender and perfectly cooked with a crispy breadcrumbed outer which was so light and not too heavy. The belly pork was tender but I wasn't sure about the beetroot with it - I don't like beetroot but I also felt it didn't go with the belly pork. The Pulled Chicken was SO good, I loved this! The chicken was so tender and cooked perfectly and the sauce was so tangy, rich and smokey, a bowl of this please?

After sampling a few delights from their menu, I couldn't wait to go back. 

Me and Tom went on a weeknight evening and it was pretty quiet but I understand it is one of those places that will be busier on nights when there is a theatre performance on. Anthony explained to me that they try and change their menu daily and use all local and fresh ingredients, which I really liked to hear and this drew me in straight away. The menu of the day had some very good options on it and I couldn't wait to try the food!

Starter

'Beans on Toast' 

This was their version of beans on toast, posh style and MY GOD it was good. It was smokey beans on top of ciabatta bread with cheese and tomatoes. It was delicious, me and Tom both loved it and devoured every last bite, even though it was massive. They were very BBQ-like and reminded me of America! A delicious starter and we both loved every bite. 

Burger with Sweet Potatoes



















WOW! Firstly, I loved the slate plates - they look very classy and make food look good. Secondly, sweet potato fries are always a winner with me, they are my favourite and the Mockingbird's were very good, crispy on the outside and fluffy in the middle, delicious. Thirdly, this is probably the best burger I've had! Definitely the best burger in Birmingham, it was beyond gorgeous - the beef was perfectly cooked, the brioche bun was fresh, the salad in the burger was crunch, the onion ring was delicious and the fried egg inside was a fantastic way to top it off - the runny egg helped give the burger some juices and all the flavours went so well together. Every mouthful was a happy one - this burger was beautiful, delicious and perfect. I have nothing but positive things to say about this meal!

Over all, a very good experience at The Mockingbird - after the blogger event I wasn't too sure what to expect but I was certainly happy with what I got, it was delicious from start to finish. The service was very good, a great location and delicious food! And yes this is the best burger in Birmingham. Another one please?


No comments:

Post a Comment