Wrapchic, Birmingham Bullring, 01/04/15






Sorry this is a bit late guys, been very busy! I was lucky enough to be invited to the launch night at Wrapchic in the Bullring in Birmingham City Centre. They are a 'fast food' Mexican and Indian chain, they used to be located in The Great Western Arcade and have now moved to the centre of the Bullring on the second floor by Debenhams. I was very intrigued to see what Mexican & Indian food would taste like blended together. They offer takeaway or they have a small seating area you can eat at if you wish.


As I arrived I was given a Mango Lassi (sorry about the awful nails!) 

This was delicious and very refreshing. I tried the Strawberry, Coconut and Berry one throughout my time at Wrapchic but the Mango is my favourite flavour. 


The Wrapchos at £2.25 we were given first were very good and tasty - obviously these are Mexican but they had plenty of spice added to them. They kept the food coming, I was already getting full on just the sides and starters!

The Spiced Chicken Wings at £1.30 for three were very spicy, too spicy for me, as I'm a wimp! But they were full of flavour, tender and succulent. These were a messy snack to eat standing up and I wasn't sure how they were Indian or Mexican but even so, they were tasty. 

We were given samples of their Wraposa's too, these are £1.50 each and they offer different flavours. They are a wrap and samosa blended together. These were probably my favourite out of all the sides. They were unusual but they were filled with potato and Indian spices. 

I was so full by this point, I wasn't expecting anymore food but they kindly gave us a main course, we could decide from a Buritto, a Wrap, a Taco or a Bowl, you can decide the fillings you want and add any extras you wish and lastly, a sauce.

I decided to go for the Wrap as I felt this wouldn't be as filling - I had it with the Chicken Mughali which is a Chicken Tikka style dish. I had this with salad and Mango Chutney. I really like the concept, how you can decide exactly what you want in your meal to your own preferences. It was full of flavour, the chicken was tender and succulent, the salad was fresh and the whole meal was full of flavour and spice. I throughly enjoyed it and for £4.95 - its very reasonably priced too. A perfect quick lunch time bite, healthy and tasty too!

To calm down the spiciness we were given a Mango Cake to finish with, I was stuffed by this point but I tried one piece, it was very moist and tasty. I enjoyed it but I couldn't possibly eat another thing. They do offer Cakes, Muffins and a range of Soft Drinks for you to buy at your leisure. 

Overall, this was a very good experience, I enjoyed the food, it was all very tasty and flavoursome and the food is prepared on site and cooked from fresh, it isn't fried or battered. I liked this and I could tell the food was fresh by the taste. I left feeling very full and satisfied. I would return to Wrapchic for a lunch time meal but I would need to be very hungry!

*I was invited to Wrapchic as part of a blogger event, but all opinions are my own.






No comments:

Post a Comment