Garfunkels, London Oxford Street 10/10/13


I love doing blog posts somewhere a bit different and far away. This time its London. Me, Rachel and Faith went to London for the day to go to a Knitting & Stitching Show and on the way back before getting the train we had to go to Oxford Street! Its a must when in London off course! 




We were all SO starving so decided to find somewhere to eat near by, luckily when you get of the tube station at Oxford Street-Garfunkels is only a quick one minute walk away so we went there for a late lunch. I was ridiculously hungry by now, anywhere would've been good! But Garfunkel's is very cheap and quick, perfect for what we needed as we needed more shopping time! They offer a very good lunch time deal, £7.95 for a main course and then you can add a starter or a dessert for only £2! Such a bargain and the menu offers loads of choice. Most lunch time menus only give you a few options but this menu had an option of around 6 starters, 15 mains and 4 desserts, which is very generous for a lunch time offer. The service was very good, attentive and the unlimited refills on drinks is always a bonus! It's a typical American type of restaurant, very similar to Frankie & Benny's-the menu is even pretty much the same.

For starter I could've eaten all of them on the menu but I decided on:
Southern Fried Chicken Strips: classic crispy Southern fried chicken strips served with BBQ sauce
 On the normal menu, this starter is usually £6.25 which is actually pretty expensive for a starter at this kind of restaurant so its even more generous that they offer it on the lunch time offer. It is also a very reasonable sized portion for a starter-3 chicken strips is very good and I wasn't expecting it to be so big for a lunch time offer. The taste was also very good, the chicken wasn't dry at all and the Southern fried coating was delicious, not too spicy but they had a nice kick. The BBQ sauce was a must with them as they would be quite dry if it wasn't for the sauce. 9/10 starter for this kind of restaurant, you wouldn't be too happy if you were given this starter in a gastro-type of restaurant but its perfect for a cheap, American style place.

You can probably all guess what I had as my main course!
The Classic Burger: 100% Beef Burger, can add extra cheese
I know, I know a burger again but I can't resist and I was so hungry that I knew a burger would fill me up. This particular burger is £11.45 on the normal menu which again, isn't cheap. The portion size wasn't huge but as its from the lunch time offer I wouldn't expect a lot of food, I just hope that on the normal menu for the price you get a bit more as you would be disappointed. The chips were cooked to perfection, they were so crispy on the outside yet fluffy on the onside. I would've liked more chips if I'm honest but I understand its from the lunch time offer. The burger was also VERY tasty-the burger was cooked to my liking as it was medium-rare which is perfect. It was also a very thick patty which is good, I hate thin beef burgers! Such a yummy meal and for £9.95 for two courses its incredibly good value and definitely filled me up all afternoon and evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment