The Three Horseshoes, Hemel Hempstead 29/08/13


















This is the second restaurant we visited with our American friends, we went to London for the day and then met our friends back in Hemel for dinner, my dads friend recommended this place as it was a lovely day and its right by the canal. The Three Horsehoes. As you can see, its a very pretty pub with beautiful surroundings and inside the pub is just as you expect it to be, old with beams everywhere. 

However as we ordered drinks at the bar the barmaid had an awful attitude, so unfriendly and she made us feel as if we were an effort to be serving. Not a great first impression. We were early for our 8pm booking so we sat outside for a while whilst waiting for our table. They informed us our table was ready so we went inside as we were shown our table by another moody waitress, the service wasn't very impressive by this point. We looked at our menu's and we had all made our decision and wanted more drinks, but a waitress didn't come for ages and I actually had to go over to the bar to find someone to take our order, again I was greeted in a unpleasant manner. A waitress came over and took our order and she was very friendly, the rest of the staff need to take tips from her!

Our starters came out very fast which is good as I thought it could've been quite slow if the service was anything to go by!

Tempura Battered Prawns with Tomato & Chilli Sauce
 £6.95
The presentation was good but I felt for the price of the starter there should be a few more prawns and less salad! £6.95 isn't cheap for a starter and especially when you are pretty much getting a plate of salad but the prawns were very tasty and they were battered perfectly, not overpowering and heavy which batter can be sometimes. The sauce went very well with the prawns too and wasn't too spicy, it was a very yummy starter but it needed a bit more. 

For main course I went for a meal that I had seen going out to other customers as we were sat outside and it looked yummy! 

Classic Burger: charcoal grilled steak burger, crispy bacon, Monetary Jack cheese & house burger sauce
£12.95
                                             
I liked that the burger was served on a wooden board with a mini fryer for the chips as I think it makes a standard burger and chips meal look very good. The burger itself was very good! You all know how much I love my burgers and this one didn't disappoint- the beef was thick and tender and the filling all went very well it. The chips were cooked perfectly, crispy but fluffy and the burger sauce the meal came with was delicious, I can't go into too much detail as it was just a burger but I felt the price was very reasonable for what I got and it was really tasty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment