Edward Moon, Stratford 21/09/13


























Mum and dad a while ago had been out in Stratford with my aunties and uncles who are vegetarian and gluten free, therefore finding a restaurant wasn't the easiest, but dad researched and came across Edward Moon which offer a whole gluten free menu so they went and all loved it. This particular Saturday we went out for a family day and decided to go to Edward Moon for a late lunch. 

It is very nice inside, very modern and bright with a cute feel, it had murals on the walls and looked like it would be good. The waitresses were very efficient and the service was incredibly good, they got us drinks very quickly and informed us about the menu and all the different options. They offer a lunch set menu or a pre-theatre menu which is two courses for £9.95 between 12-2.30 and 5-6.30, its a very good deal and reasonable priced. Mum and dad decided to go for that menu but I found something on the normal menu that stood out to me. As they were having starters I didn't want to sit and watch them eating starters so decided to go for something little.

Crusty Bread with Butter & Oil & Vinegar
£2.50
This was certainly enough for me as a starter and luckily mum and dad had some bread to help me out as that would've been so filling for just me, the bread was SO good though, it was very fresh and crusty on the outside but soft on the inside and was a perfect starter especially for only £2.50!

The main course stuck out to me as soon as I saw it on the menu and I knew I had to have it!

The Duck Supper: a succulent duck breast and a crispy confit duck leg served with dauphinoise potatoes and perfectly matched rosemary jus
£16.95 
The presentation was very good I thought, it looked SO good. It definitely wasn't a cheap meal, but it was worth every penny. The duck was cooked perfectly-rare and pink and not tough at all, nothing worse than tough duck, the confit of duck is my favourite part of duck and this one didn't disappoint, it was very crispy on the outside on the skin but succulent and tender inside-perfect combination! Dauphinoise potatoes are my favourite kind of potatoes and these were delicious, they were creamy and crispy and went so well with the duck and the rosemary jus was definitely perfectly matched as the description states. My only slight criticism is tiny,  I would've liked more jus but thats just personal taste. 10/10 main course and I couldn't fault it! 

Very good restaurant, right in the heart of Stratford and perfect for vegetarians or people with certain diet requirements. Delicious!  

No comments:

Post a Comment