Coast 2 Coast-Solihull 5/06/2013


I was meeting my friend for lunch in Solihull on this day and we decided to go to Coast 2 Coast as she had never been before and I had only been for breakfast before and I've heard a lot of good things about it! The decor is all set out like an American Diner and it's very bright. They offer a lunch time set menu for two courses for £9.95 and they have loads of choice! Unusual for a set menu but this one had a choice of 6 starters and over 15 mains! Which I think is very good because there is something to suit everybody.

For starter I chose:
Maryland Chicken-two chicken breasts served on honey & mustard dressed leaves and served with BBQ sauce
 As you can see, an very reasonable sized portion for a set menu, big enough for a normal starter on a normal menu. This starter wasn't the most exciting thing in the world but it was very nice, the chicken was breaded very well and the sauce on the salad was so yummy! I would've preferred the sauce being all over the chicken then cooked but that is just personal preference. The chicken went very well with the BBQ sauce, as chicken always does and over all this was a very good starter, the presentation was lacking but again, it is a cheap menu and you can't expect too much! 

For my main, as you all know I can't resist a burger so it had to be done!
Cheeseburger: 6oz corn fed Aberdeen Angus burger topped with Monterey Jack cheese, mayonnaise, rocket, fresh tomato, red onion, and dill pickle. Served on toasted bun served with either straw fries or sweet potato fries served with burger sauce.
This was a reasonable sized portion, as I was going out for dinner that night I didn't want to eat a lot! The burger was average to be honest, as I have so many burgers I know which are good and which are not very good and this was a slight disappointed-the beef was quite boring as if it hadn't been seasoned at all. Although, the sweet potato fries were very good! Crispy on the outside but soft and sweet on the inside! The salad on the burger wasn't great either!

Over all, an average lunch but you can't complain for only £9.95! 

No comments:

Post a Comment