Centre Parcs-Cafe Rouge & American Diner


Me & my two friends were in Centre Parcs a couple of weeks ago and I completely forgot to do the food blog for it and i just found the pictures so I thought I would write it now-better late than never!
We didn't eat out too much as its very expensive there but we decided to eat out on the last night to celebrate our week in centre parcs! 

The Cafe Rouge there wasn't as nice as the usual ones, they didn't have the French decorations on the wall or the French music, it was very basic and quite dark in there. But the menu-as always is so good! I can never decide what to have. But they offered a set dinner menu which was 3 courses for £13 which is incredibly good value for Cafe Rouge so I decided I was going to eat of that menu. There wasn't a massive choice but I could have easily eaten most of the choices on it.

For starter I was really tempted by the goats cheese soufflé but decided to go for..

 Prawns in a Tomato and Chilli Sauce served with Bread

As you can the portions are a lot smaller than usual Cafe Rouge portions, which are pretty big! The dish wasn't presented in the best way-with sauce all over the side of the dish which didn't make it look too good and I feel they were very stingy on the bread! 2 tiny slices! We actually had to ask for more bread as my friend, Faith had chicken liver pate and they only have her 2 bits too-we were charged for the extra bread which I find quite rude but I understand it. The sauce the prawns were in was so yummy to be fair, really tomatoy and almost tasted like a pasta sauce, I could have done with a few more prawns within my dish but I understand it's of a set menu and therefore the portions are smaller but I was left still very hungry after my starter! But over all, it tasted very good and the sauce was 10/10 but it needs a few tweaks to make this dish a top class starter.

For my main I went for the:

 Steak Hash with Fries, Tomato and Herb Butter

This was a lot bigger than I expected to be honest, which is good as I was still hungry after my tiny starter! The steak hash isn't like normal steak as it's all pulled apart and then packed back together again and I would much prefer a proper steak but it was nice to have something different as I've never tried Steak Hash before! The chips were cooked really well, crispy on the outside but soft and fluffy in the middle. This was an average main course, wasn't anything too special and tasted quite plain but again, for the price we were paying- you cant complain! 

I actually wasn't very full and nor was my other friend, Rachel as she had only had a main course so we decided to share a dessert. The desserts from the set menu weren't too exciting so we went for one from the main main and decided on a sharing one.


Sharing Platter: Mini Chocolate Ganache, Lemon Tart & Apple Tart Tartin
This was very good to be fair, probably the best part of the meal-although again, the portion size wasn't big enough and for £7.25-it isn't cheap! The chocolate ganache was probably my favourite-really rich but worked really well with the raspberry sauce and cream. The lemon tart was my second favourite-but there definitely wasn't enough of it, tiny slice for two people! But it was really refreshing, bitter but sweet and the pastry wasn't too thick and stodgy as tarts can be sometimes. I was very surprised by the Tart Tartin as I don't usually like it but this one was very good! It was served warm and was really sweet and the pastry was thin and flaky, which made it taste even nicer! I was impressed with this dessert but for the price I feel it needed to be a lot bigger!

Over all, an average meal and I most definitely prefer the normal Cafe Rouge's but I understand that this one is within a complex and therefore they make their food and portions different. 

7/10 meal whereas normal Cafe Rouge's are 10/10!



One of the nights whilst being at Centre Parcs we decided to go for a desert at one of the other restaurants on site, an American diner kind of restaurant. We saw this particular sundae on the menu and thought we had to go in for it! But we were not expecting at all what came! It says on the menu, sharing sundae for 4-6 people but there was only 3 of us and we thought, it can't be that big?! Oh my god, were we wrong!

This sundae was the BIGGEST sundae I've ever seen, it had everything included in it, marshmallows, brownies, m&ms, smarties, chocolate, cream, ice cream, sauce... everything! But it was so good! We couldn't believe our eyes when we saw it but every spoon full tasted so good! It was £12 which is very good value to be honest as you could easily share it between 6 people! We couldn't even manage half!

No comments:

Post a Comment