Matricardis, Henley in Arden, 4/02/2013



I went for lunch to Matricardis to meet with two friends. It's in Henley so is very local to me which is really good and I've eaten here a number of times and every time it's excellent. It's an Italian restaurant but the menu has a slight different twist on normal Italian which is lovely. It's a really nice restaurant inside, you can either sit in the bar area or he restaurant at the back. We decided to sit in the bar area as it had a good atmosphere which always helps. The menu is massive with SO much choice, it's so difficult to decide what to have every time I go in. They have a normal menu, lunch menu and a specials menu and every single one of them sounds delicious.

Eventually we made a decision.
I went for Belly Pork with Mash and a Bacon Jus.

AMAZING! This was delicious, belly pork is an absolute favourite of mine and this matched my high expectations. The pork was succulent and melted in the mouth but the outside was perfectly crispy, just as belly pork should be. The mash was creamy, buttery and gorgeous and went very well with the pork. The bacon jus was something I've never tried before but it was very interesting, different but was yummy and complimented the dish perfectly and actually gave it a new flavour. This main isn't cheap at £15.95 but it is worth every penny and they have such an amazing menu with so may choices to suit everyone's tastes.
I would recommend Matricardi's to anyone. 10/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment