Cafe Rouge 14/06/2012

Me and Dad were in Birmingham going to watch my mum n theatre so we decided to go earlier and get some dinner first. I suggested Cafe Rouge as dad hadn't been in years and it's another one of my favourites! I know, I know I have a lot of favourites but I love food, who can blame me?!
We went to the Cafe Rouge outside on New Street as it wasn't far from the theatre, I love the decor of Cafe Rouge, proper French cuisine style! We were shown to our table, menus were given to us and the waiter asked us what we would like to drink, the service was excellent! We took a while looking at the menu and I knew instantly what I wanted for my main, my favourite dish ever at Cafe Rouge! Dad was ordering of the prix fix menu so I chose a starter.
I went for the small dish at only £3 which included crusty French bread and cured meats!
I love starters like this and the Salami was gorgeous and the bread was so fresh! I loved this starter and wasn't too filling either! Perfect for £3!!
For my main I ordered (without any hesitation) the Confit of Duck with Plum Sauce, Dauphinoise Potatoes and Green Beans.
As you can see the portion size is fairly big and not a bad price at £12.95. The duck is so succulent but crispy on the outside and the plum sauce it comes with is to DIE FOR! I love it! Even the Dauphinoise are lovely as I'm not usually a fan of creamy potatoes but the ones here are cooked beautifully! The green beans compliment the dish well and give the dish that healthy side! This is a perfect main and I would order it again and again!


No comments:

Post a Comment