ASK, Solihull 23/08/2012

My friend Sam recently got back from Mexico so me & Jayne decided to meet up with her for dinner for a catch up and ate night shop as it was a Thursday night. After shopping for a while it was about 7pm and we decided to go to TGI's but it had over an hour wait so we went opposite across to ASK an Italian restaurant which is very good as I have mentioned previously! It was sooo busy and therefore lacked in good service but it was understandable and I let it go more than I usually would as it was incredibly busy! But we did wait about 10 minutes for a waitress to come and take our drink orders then another 5 minutes to receive our drinks and another 15-20 minutes for the waitress to come ack and take our order which is too long and made the experience not up to the standard I enjoy but the food at ASK does make up for it.
We decided to share a starter but I completely forgot to take a photo of it as we were so hungry we all just dived straight in! But I can describe it, it was an Antipasto starter that included, mozzarella, smoked prosciutto, Milano and Finocchiona salami, chargrilled peppers, capers and olive tapenade; with fresh rosemary & sea salt bread. It was gorgeous! I love starters like this and all the opponents both together and served separately but this starter was perfect the ingredients all go so well together and for £11.75 it isn't cheap for a desert but neither is it too expensive and it was worth every penny, the menu says its a sharing platter for two people but there was enough for three people to share it!
It took me a while to decide on a main course as there are so many yummy choices and I loved the pasta I had about a month ago but didn't want the same thing twice so decided to try something different.
Linguine Con Frutti Di Mare
This pasta included king prawns, mussels, clams and squid in a rich tomato sauce with garlic, white wine and parsley for £11.85 which I felt was very good for the amount of fish you received in the pasta dish! It was really nice however I did prefer the previous fish pasta I had but this was still really good! I had no squid though but asked for extra mussels as mussels are my favourite! The sauce the pasta and shellfish were in was really good, very rich in tomato and garlic flavour which I love as so many tomato sauces aren't rich enough but this one had a lot of flavour and worked really well with the fish and pasta! A 8/10 dish and I would have it again but I would like to go back to ASK and try the other dishes and I'm sure I will at some point in the near future as its a very good Italian for a reasonable price.


No comments:

Post a Comment