Thai Cottage, Henley 14/03/2012

Me and Jayne wanted to have a quick local lunch so we decided to go for a Thai meal in Henley because neither of us had ever been to this restaurant before either and we had heard a lot of good things about it!

They did a set lunch menu that was two courses for £10.95 which is a pretty good price!
We decided to get two different starters and two different mains each and share.

We chose sticky honey ribs and duck spring rolls to start.

The ribs were lovely, they were cooked perfectly and fell of the bone, the sauce they were in tasted really good as well, was the perfect mixture of sweet but tangy, ribs are always a firm favourite of mine!
The duck spring rolls were interesting, they were cold which was unusual and I prefer them hot in honesty, the soy sauce that came with them was lovely and the filling inside the pastry did taste really nice even though it was cold, it reminded me of sushi, which was good for me but Jayne doesn't like sushi! However it was a good starter over all. 

For main course we went for chicken in sweet and sour sauce and chicken in hoi sin sauce.

The top picture is the chicken in Hoi Sin sauce and the bottom one is chicken in Sweet & Sour sauce. The portion sizes were massive for a lunch time and was very filling. The sweet and sour sauce was yummy but I felt it could have had more flavour and I felt the hoi sin sauce definitely lacked flavour and was quite tasteless and I'm not a major fan of boiled rice, I prefer egg fried so I found the rice quite bland. Over all it was a nice lunch and was good for the price as the portions were a reasonable size however I did feel the sauces could have been more flavoursome!

No comments:

Post a Comment