The Black Swan, Henley 1/03/2012

I have mentioned this pub previously in my blog before but this time I went with my dad and for dinner instead of lunch. We have ate here many times but they change the menu regularly which is good! It is only a ten minute walk from home as well which is a bonus and is such lovely country pub!

We ordered our drinks at the bar and sat down to look at the menu, I decided almost instantly because they do my favourite thing... Belly Pork! This pub is good because the waitress comes over to the table to take the order which is unusual in a cheap pubby pub! 

I decided to go for the Belly Pork with mash, onions, peas and gravy and my dad went for the one of the specials on the board, faggots.
The presentation isn't amazing, but it is hard to get such rustic food to look pretty! However it tasted gorgeous, the belly pork was crispy and succulent and the mash was perfectly creamy! This is a brilliant meal for dinner time and at the price of £7.25 it is so reasonably priced for a massive portion! I was certainly full after this meal!

However me & my dad did have a desert to share between us, Jam Sponge with Ice Cream. Proper hearty rustic desert! It was so yummy, was really warming but the ice cream help compliment it! The jam was sooo lovely as well, over all this was a really nice desert!!

No comments:

Post a Comment