The Boot, Studley 13/02/2012

Me and my friend, Jayne had been to the cinema and wanted a nice meal atferwards so we decided to go to The Boot in Studley which is a lovley little country pub. The menu is really nice and has a very country feel to it. Hearty food!

As soon as I looked at the menu I knew I wanted the 'slow cooked pork belly glazed in maple syrup with a a light jus, braised red cabbage, mashed potato and home-made onion rings'
This grabbed my attention straight away as pork belly is one of my favourite things in the whole world!


I thought the presentation was pretty good as it isn't an easy meal to plate up with all the stodgy type of food! The belly pork was so succulent however it could have been slightly crispier for me! The mash was perfectly creamy and the cabbage was gorgeous, had the right amount of sweet and sharpness in it. The onion rings could have been slightly more crispy but the jus the whole meal was covered in had a lovely taste and made the whole dish better as it could have been very dry without the jus!

Jayne ordered the 'pan fried Barbury duck breast marinated in honey and black pepper, dauphinoise potatoes, curly kale in a plum and roasted beetroot sauce'

The presentation of this meal was brilliant and she said it was a gorgeous meal!

Overall a brilliant meal for both of us and a massive portion, good value for £12.95 for the belly pork and £15.95 for the duck I felt! I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a good hearty pub meal that will really fill you up!

No comments:

Post a Comment