Nando's Shirley 19/01/2012

I go to Nando's on a regular basis, usually once every two weeks! It is a favourite of mine because it is reasonably priced and the food is genuinely really good! I went with a friend, Rachel to the Nando's in Shirley for a late lunch. I either go to the one in Shirley or the one in Solihull but I shall firstly review/describe the food and service in Nando's at the Shirley branch.

Nando's do few starters but I usually just go straight onto mains because Nando's is very filling! When you walk into Nando's in Shirley, the restaurant is very spacious and bright with a nice atmosphere. It is usually very busy in there which is a good sign! However we went for a late lunch around 2-3pm which meant the restaurant wasn't too busy, just a few tables in. The waitress then shows you to your seats, we had a table of two in a booth near the bar where you order which is a good location because we were close to where you order seeing as Nando's isn't waitress service, which is one let down of this restaurant! I prefer places where the waitresses take the order at the table. You are then given a menu each, the menu is fun and has a lot of choice, they only do chicken and a couple of vegetarian options though so not a good choice if your not a chicken fan! They do different sizes of chicken, chicken burgers and wraps. You firstly decide what you want from the menu I usually go for a burger or 1/2 a chicken depending on how hungry I am! You then have to decide how spicy you want your chicken because they cover the chicken in a peri-peri sauce. The choices go from plain to extra hot (for the very brave!!) I have mine mango and lime because it has a slight kick but still has a lot of flavour!
  Once you've decided what you want to eat you have to chose side orders to go with your chicken, you can either have 1 side or 2 regular sides or just 1 of their 'fino' sides. I do really like Nando's however I do feel that they could have a lot more choices for the side orders, I think they should have jacket potato, peas or beans as an option as a side.
You then go and order at the bar once you've decided, they also do a good range of different drinks both soft and alcoholic. The best option I feel is the refillable soft drink, you get a choice of either, coke, diet coke, orange fanta or sprite.You get given an empty glass when you order and you can go and help yourself to your own drink from the dispenser machine and can keep refilling it as much as you like, which I think is a brilliant touch due to the fact that Nando's can make you very thirsty and is a really good price at £2.25 for unlimited drinks!

On this particular occasion I went for the Chicken Breast Filler Burger with sweet potato mash. Our food came within 10 minutes of ordering, definitely quick service which I really like especially as I was really hungry! The service is usually very good and the restaurant is really clean and immaculate. They do a lot of choices and I feel this is the perfect restaurant for a cheap lunch or dinner!
Nando's sweet potato mash is my favourite side! Its gorgeous, so creamy and has no lumps! It is quite simple, just sweet potato with some butter and cream and salt, however I feel that this simplicity of the mash is actually what makes it so tasty! The burger comes in ciabatta roll with some lettuce and tomato. The lettuce is always really fresh and crunchy which contrasts well with the spicy chicken! The burger isn't particularly big but is perfect if you want a small lunch. I was full up after this lunch! This is very reasonably priced for £10.65 with the refillable drink. I will be reviewing the Nando's in Solihull soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment