The Bramley Cottage, Redditch, 16/06/15


I'm manically busy at the moment and trying to catch up with blog posts, I'm sorry I'm so behind - I will catch up this week, I hope!

This blog post is in Redditch, The Bramley Cottage which is an Ember Inn chain pub - I had never been before but was meeting a group of friends and it was gorgeous weather so we wanted somewhere with a beer garden! 
It was fairly busy and they have a huge menu choice, you have to find yourself a table and then order at the bar. They have so much choice and they offer a Daytime/Evening menu which is 2 courses for £8.99 and 3 courses for £10.99 served Monday-Saturday from 5pm.

This is a fantastic deal and my whole meal including the drink came to £10 - bargain! Perfect for a mid-week meal out.

Beer-Battered Mushrooms - Served with Sour Cream & Chive Dip

These were presented nicely in the bucket and I love mushrooms so I was looking forward to these! The batter was light and not too greasy or heavy, the mushrooms were cooked very well and they were served piping hot! The only thing I would say is that the sauce wasn't great, it didn't really taste of much to be honest and was a bit watery.

8oz Rump Steak - with Chips, Mushroom, Garden Peas, Beer-Batter Onion Rings and Half a Tomato

I had to pay an extra £1 for this but I was happy to do so. I also exchanged the chips for a jacket potato as still trying to eat healthy! 

This was a very generous sized portion - I did ask for my steak medium rare and I felt it was more medium-well which was a bit disappointing, but for the price I cant moan too much! The food was all served very hot and was tasty, jacket potato was good, onion rings were yummy and the vegetables were all al-dente. I really enjoyed this!

Over all, an average meal but for £10 a head - you cant expect fine dining! A good place to for a cheap week-mid meal and the menu has something for everyone. The service was faultless and they have a lovely outside seating area for those hot days!

No comments:

Post a Comment