Fukuoka, Shirley, 09/06/15


This is a brand new restaurant opened in Shirley, right on the High Street - I was very excited about this as it's a Japanese restaurant and Sushi is my favourite! I had heard a few good things from people and seen them on Twitter and I was very excited! They still don't have a website set up as they are brand new and their card machine still isn't set up - but its worth a visit. Its next door to the Ford Garage on the High Street and its a lovely traditional looking restaurant inside, the decor is all black and red and they have normal tables and chairs but you can also sit on the floor, traditional Japanese style!


Here is me, sat on the floor! It was a very cool experience but it can be a bit uncomfortable after a while. you probably wouldn't want to sit there for long.

The menu is huge, with lots of choice and many different dishes, all of which sounded very good. Me and my best friend, Jayne love Sushi and wanted everything on the menu! To be honest, we were not far off - we ordered so much that we had to take it back with us in a doggy bag for lunch at work the next day!

Once you have ordered, you get a free Miso Soup to begin - its served in a lovely black and red up and it was full of flavour and tasted very authentic. 

Prawn Tempura
Chicken Yakitori
Salmon & Avocado Rolls 
Duck * Hoi Sin Rolls

Dragon Roll
Chicken Katsu Noodles

As you can see, we ordered SO much food - we got a bit excited at the prospect of a Japanese restaurant I think and over-ordered but everyone at work was delicious of my lunch the next day and it was worth it! 

The Prawn Tempura was very good, the prawns were cooked well and the batter was light and crispy. 

The Chicken Yakitori was delicious, I could've eaten 10 of these! Yakitori usually means skewered food - the chicken was cooked perfectly and the sauce was tangy, sweet and delicious. I could've honestly drunk the sauce it was that good! I loved this starter.

The Salmon & Avocado rolls were my favourite, they tasted very fresh and were full of flavour. The Duck & Hoi Sin were very good too - similar tasting to the pancake rolls you get from the Chinese. 

The Dragon Roll was something I've never had before - it was tempura prawns in the middle of rice and seaweed with avocado on top and topped with fish roe. I loved this, it was SO good.

We finished with Chicken Katsu Noodles - the chicken was cooked very well and had crispy panko breadcrumbs, the noodles were fresh and full of flavour - I thoroughly enjoyed this and it complimented the sushi very well. 

Over all, a fantastic experience at Fukuoka - I loved it! The food was authentic, fresh and delicious - it isn't cheap we paid about £30 each but we did order far too much food and it was worth every penny. I can't wait to go back, as I live only down the road - I can imagine this will become my new local - especially as they do takeaway too! 






No comments:

Post a Comment