Fukouka, Shirley, 21/06/15





















Back here again, Its definitely become my new favourite place and even more so as its 5 minutes down the road from me AND they do takeaway! This time I took my dad for Fathers Day, as he lived in Japan for two years, Japanese is his favourite but he is yet to find an authentic restaurant in the West Midlands, I assured him this one was delicious and I was apprehensive for him to try it!

It was a Sunday lunch time and therefore was pretty quiet but we expected that, they said they were fully booked for the evening though.

We sat down and ordered drinks, the service here is always very good and the staff are welcoming and friendly.

We decided to order a few different dishes and all share, thats the best way to do it at a restaurant like this as you can try all the different components and its more exciting than just having one dish.

Chicken Yakitori
Tempura Prawns
Seabass Roll
Crab Roll
Salmon & Avocado Roll

The Chicken Yakitori is a favourite of mine - I have had it every time I have been and would definitely recommend it. Yakitori means skewered food and these are skewered chicken but the sauce they come in is delicious! The perfect blend of sweet, tangy and rich. I could bottle the sauce and have it on everything its that good.

The Tempura was very good, the batter was light, fluffy and crispy and the prawns were perfectly cooked. You can't eat too many of these as they are filling but they are very moorish!

The Seabass Roll was a new one for me, it was crispy tempura prawn in the middle with seaweed, rice and then topped with raw seabass - I was a little unsure at first but my god it was good! The raw seabass worked so well on top and was actually surprisingly sweet.

The Crab Roll was again, another new one but this has become one of my favourites, I loved it! It was crispy crab with avocado, fish roe with rice and seaweed. This was amazing! Whatever the sauce is they put all over it was so tasty, full of flavour and went perfectly with the crab rolls - yum, yum yum!

The Salmon & Avocado Roll is still a firm favourite - they taste so fresh and are full of flavour. We also had some Seabass Sashimi made into a flower on the same plate, I was unsure whether to try this at first but dad persuaded me and I'm SO glad I did - it was succulent, juicy and flavoursome.

Another fantastic experience at Fukouka - the service is faultless, the atmosphere is good, the food is delicious and its very authentic tasting. I think I will be back again, and again, and again ...

Have a scroll through the images in the slideshow below, I can assure you it will get your mouth watering!
...


No comments:

Post a Comment