Chiqutos, Rubery 16/11/13


Another restaurant I haven't been to in a while! Mum, dad and I went to the cinema in Rubery to see Captain Phillips and decided to have some lunch afterwards. Chiqutos is reasonably priced and they offer 25% student discount-even better!

It wasn't too busy in there so we got a table straight away which was good as we were starving! The menu has so much choice, they don't offer the lunch set menu on a Saturday but they have a special menu where certain starters and mains are cheaper than they are on the normal menu. But with the 25% student discount, it makes a huge difference anyway.

For starters we decided to get a sharing platter as its a mixture of different foods that we could all try.

Tostada Platter: baked mini flatbreads, topped with
 sweet potato & feta cheese,
 BBQ pulled pork 
and 
chorizo and sweetcorn 
served with cranberry & mint salsa 
£10.95
The presentation of this dish was so good, it looked so pretty and the different colours looked lovely against each other-it almost looked too good to eat. I was very impressed with the presentation as I wasn't expecting it to look like this at all. The taste was as good as the presentation! Because there was 6-we managed to get 2 each and therefore got to try the different toppings. The sweet potato and feta one is the flatbread topped with the red pepper-it was probably my least favourite one out of the 3 but it was still really yummy, the sweet potato was cut into little cubes topped with flaked feta cheese and some salad-the red pepper topping was very good as it was very sweet and has obviously been grilled and it went very well with the sweet potato and feta, I found it slightly lacking in flavour but the delicious cranberry & mint salsa in the middle was amazing! It went so well with the flatbreads and was perfectly sweet and tangy. The chorizo and sweetcorn one is the one with the white cream and chilli topping-this one was very good, I had to take the chilli off the top before I ate it though-I know, I know I'm a wimp! But the chorizo and sweetcorn mixture was so yummy and blended together very well, I think the cream topping was sour cream-not 100% though but it helped to calm down the spiciness from the chorizo and complimented it perfectly. Last but not least, my favourite flatbread-the BBQ pulled pork which is the one topped with the purple pepper, which I think was red onion or sweet pepper or something, not quite sure. BBQ pulled pork is my favourite food so I loved this one and could've eaten 6 of those! Delicious. Very good starter, very impressed and the price is very reasonable too-also not too filling for the main course!

Sweet Chilli jam Burger: prime beef burger topped with roasted red peppers, melted cheese and sweet chilli jam
£11.95
I ordered this burger with sweet potato fries instead of normal fries, felt I was being slightly healthier ha! The presentation was actually very good again for a burger-which isn't the easiest thing to look nice on a plate but this one did look very good with a nice side of purple coleslaw! The portion size was also huuuuge! So many sweet potato fries and the burger was massive! My beef was cooked to my liking-medium/medium rare so I was happy about that as a lot of places over cook burgers regularly. WOW-the taste was unreal. One of the best burgers I've ever had, the beef was perfect with the mince meat compacted together perfectly, the cheese and peppers went very well and made a nice change to a burger and OH MY GOD the sweet chilli jam-unreal. Honestly was such an amazing sauce, was perfectly sweet and went so well with the burger, honestly best sauce ever, I need the recipe! For the price, its incredibly value for money as you get loads of food and it tastes incredible. Best meal I've ever had at Chiqutos-would go back again and again!

9.5/10 meal-great service, clean restaurant, reasonable prices and brilliant food!

No comments:

Post a Comment