Miller & Carter, Hockley Heath 24/03/2012

Once again I went to Miller & Carter, this time it was for my birthday! I went with my two good friends, Jayne & Sam and because I was on crutches I couldn't do too much so we decided to just go for some food. I chose one of my favourites and its close to home as well which was good!

It was veryyy busy in the restaurant when we got there at 7.45, was fully booked which is a good sign! We decided to go to the Hockley Heath one because I prefer the decor and the service. We sat down and ordered our drinks, whilst looking at the menu.

Me and Jayne decided on the Chateaubriand 16oz to share because we have spoke about trying to before and thought my birthday was a perfect opportunity to! Sam went for a fillet steak.

The Chateaubriand isn't cheap at £40.95 but between two of you, I suppose it isn't too bad!
The steak comes with a choose of an iceberg lettuce wedge with a choice of topping, I went for: bacon with honey mustard dressing & Jayne went for the crumbled Stilton and blue cheese dressing.
As you can see the lettuce wedge isn't massive but its a good refreshing thing to eat with your meal. They usually bring it slightly before your steak as well which is good because it cleanses your pallet.
As you can see the Chateaubriand comes on a wooden board and isn't massive but once you've cut it in half there is actually quite a lot of meat to have each. We had the steak medium rare and it was cooked perfectly! As always!!

The steaks also come with some onion loaf on the side and either fries or jacket potato and a choice of sauce. I went for fries and a Red Wine & Shallot sauce. 
The chips are always consistently good at Miller & Carter and are crispy on the outside yet soft on the inside. The onion loaf is one of my favourite things about the meals here, its caramelised onions crisped up into a loaf, its sooo good! However this time round I did find the onion loaf slightly soggy, which is unusual. The sauce was very rich and you couldn't have a lot of it but was yummy!

Over all I had a brilliant birthday meal despite the crutches!

No comments:

Post a Comment