Jamies Italian, Birmingham 15/02/2012

Me and a friend, Kat from college went shopping in Birmingham and decided to go for lunch at Jamie Oliver's Italian in Birmingham because neither of us had ever been before.

The interior of the restaurant is cool, its made out to look industrial and almost kitchen like. We were shown to our seats and for 12pm on a Wednesday lunch time it was pretty busy! The waiter took our drink order and gave us a menu each, I felt the menu wasn't that exciting and could have had a lot more variety on it! For a Italian restaurant they didn't sell any pizzas, which I felt was very strange!


The menu was pretty basic with only a few choices for different pastas and hardly any meat choices which I found very disappointing!

I went for the 'tagliatelle bolognese' with was a mixture of Ragu of beef, pork, herbs, Chianti, Parmesan and herby breadcrumbs. We also had a side order of nachos.


I found the portion was a good size, I couldn't actually eat it all but that was also down to the fact that it wasn't very enjoyable! The nachos were the best bit and even they weren't that great! They were really salty and had a weird texture, however the salsa they came with was very tasty! My pasta was just really plain and tasteless, there wasn't enough sauce on the pasta which made it really dry and the sauce had absolutely no flavour! I wouldn't go back to this restaurant and was very disappointed for a restaurant that is supposed to be a famous chefs restaurant and the kitchen was an open kitchen and I could see there was about 10 chefs, so with 10 chefs in the kitchen and a famous chef owning the restaurant and when I was paying £10.25.. 
I expected a lot a lot more!

No comments:

Post a Comment